Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rebel Grrrl
























The antidote to sugary sweet teen, ym and seventeen, Sassy was the rebel girl, the queen of my world, intelligent, in a band, with rad vintage infused style, politically informed, and not taking any shit from you. My alltime favorite fashion spread was Amy Smart kickin it in Axl Rose themed white leather biker jacket, rose print biker shorts, and custom Converse. When Chloe Sevigny (Sassy intern at the time) shaved her head, I was enamored. Little did I know she (along with Rosario Dawson) was going to blow my mind in Kids a few years later in '95! ...Back in the days when i was young i'm not a kid anymore But some days i sit and wish i was a kid again
Back in the days...

2 comments:

  1. Is there any chance you could post those photos of Amy Smart in Axl Rose garb? I just unearthed some pictures from that very old issue chopped up in an envelope at my parents' house and am gripped by nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elizabeth! I wish I could! My old Sassy's are boxed up somewhere in Michigan & I'm in L.A.... I tried to find some of the photos online for this post but to no avail. Thanks for checking out our blog!
    Kerri @ HellhoundVintage.Com

    ReplyDelete